Wednesday, April 9, 2008

early morning beginnings

I was gonna start this early this morning when taking a break from working on assignments all night, but i didn't so I'm just gonna act like i did...

So this morning i realized a couple things, and I'm going to start my blog off by sharing them with you. The first one begins last night actually. I started working on the website for class and i just decided to keep working on it all night. So i worked through the night, not always diligently, but i was working. Then at about 6:30 this morning I took off to get my laundry out of the dryer (left it in before curfew) and I realized something. Now this might come as a surprise to some that know me, or you might not even believe me, but I realized that I love being outside in the mornings. I love the comforting isolation, the gentle tranquility, the soothing sound of the birds, and the lack of sound from the street. In the day time around campus there are people everywhere. They're all talking, singing, listening to music, driving their cars around. In the morning none of that is there. It's just you, the birds, God, and nothing else. I always enjoy being out in the early mornings. It's great alone time and allows you to see the beauty of God's creation in a way you can't see in the middle of the afternoon when everyone else is there. Now if only I could experience these times without staying up all night....

The 2nd thing i realized is a bit odd. i realized how little I like clothes. As I was walking to get my laundry (i hate that about clothes. the effort neeed to clean them) I honestly had very little on; a sleeveless t-shirt, sandals, and a pair of athletic shorts. o ya, and my glasses. At first I was a little worried that I was going to freeze on my way to the laundry room, but the cool air was nice, and I was very comfortable. Then I realized the most comfortable I ever am, is laying in my bed in my boxers. But I am most comfortable in small amounts of clothing. Now that I think about it, this whole thing may just be because people don't make clothes that for me. stupid manufacturers.. But anyway, God put this first man on earth with no clothes, and brings every other human into the work like that still. I just get a strange comfort out of it, rather than a bunch of clothes that don't fit right. But don't take this wrong, you're not gonna find me walking around naked anytime, soon. I think I just enjoy being in a space I can call mine, chilling in whatever feels comfortable.

morale of the blog, take time to see the beauty in things. Whether it's the tranquility of an early morning walk or the comfort of clothing (or lack thereof), just don't experience of the same time. and if you thought this was a little weird, gimme a break I didn't sleep last night!

No comments: