Sunday, March 15, 2009

Van Down By the River


I saw this little boogger in the road on the way home from work the other day. He was just walkin cross the road as I slammed my brakes, frantically digging for my camera then having to changed lenses as fast as I could. There was just enough light for me to get this shot...

I have lived out in the middle of no where since the 8th grade, when we moved out next to my grandparents. So seeing a deer has kinda not become so exciting. It was fun to see one in the day-time, close to the road, when I had my camera. But anyway, it's gotten to where I almost take for granted living where I do.

In many ways, I am a city boy. I love the big city. I love being there, in the hustle and bustle, watching people, running around like I belong there...I just enjoy it. I would love to live in the city when I get done with school. Not just town, a big city.

I think, though, that I would eventually miss living in the country. Being able to burn a campfire in my backyard without getting the Police and the Fire Department called is pretty nice. And since I'm so used to living out in the boondocks has kind of second nature anymore, and I often miss out on the hustle and bustle out there. Last thursday was one of the days I actually saw it.

After class, I had to run to Bedford to pick up some stuff I left on Wednesday. According to Google Maps following the route I drove... is a total of 63.6 miles and about 2 hours and 11 minutes, almost all in the country. In all that driving time I saw...
Dogs
Cats
big horses
little horses
squirrels
a very large turkey
buzzards
big deer
little deer
little cows
big cows
stampeding cows
sheep with bushy wool and big horns
and some llama/alpaca things.

I guess I am a hick at heart.....thank God I'm a country boy.
(this is a shot I took of Ben a while back. Strobist: vivitar 285hv with a blue gel as bkgd light, nikon sb-24 in a shoot through camera right. forget setttings)

No comments: