Thursday, July 3, 2008

so i got my birthday present from elaine on tuesday, even though my birthday isnt until thursday. o crap, its wednesday night and i didnt renew my license. it's now in need of renewal. but anyway, elaine got me a lens i wanted. its the nikon 50mm 1.8 prime. i love it already. its's real sharp, gives me great depth of field, and it was cheap (for a lens that is). so here is a picture of my brother i took today. i like it. anyone want some portaits?


o ya, and here's one i took in the mirror of elaine's car after i got it. it went on the camera before we left the store and i dont think its come off since.

2 comments:

Jeff's Photos said...

Hey David, Sweet birthday present the 50mm lens. I have had one for ages and I can't imagine living without one.

Don't worry about what your future holds remember Jesus said to seek first his Kingdom and to live righteously and all other things will work out( loosely translated by me from the NLT Bible).

Nice portrait in the car mirror. Reminds me of an Elliott Erwitt photo:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_z6UH-Kk6iFM/RvqAEdli2hI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/MCNPeOAWeqc/s1600-h/erwitt.jpg

Happy shooting with your new lenses and keep your eyes open for the Lord's direction in your life.

JM

giantdave said...

thanks mr montgomery. just hafta make sure im goin in the direction he wants me to go.