Sunday, September 14, 2008

old times

So the other day I wrote about 9/11. Thinking about that got me thinking about me as an 8th grade. I just had to laugh. Whether you think I'm a dork now or not...I KNOW I was in the 8th grade. But when I was in the 8th grade, I never would have thought i would be where I am today. Sitting at home during my third year of college.

But no really, there are plenty of other things I hadn't even thought of in 8th grade that i have been through. At that time, college was just an afterthought. I knew I wanted to go, but where and what for were just things to decide later. Now I've had two years at Harding studying communications and now I'm at Ivy Tech for business to do photography. That's something else I hadn't given so much as a blink, and now I produce better and better images everyday. Girls were a mess in the 8th grade. Now I'm engaged to the girl that my little brother was dating when I was in the 8th grade. Weird. In fact as I typed that, she was on the phone complaining that I mentioned that little fact. (lol ha ha elaine, i still love you). In the 8th grade I was starting to get involved in Youth Group stuff at church, and now I'm about to be in charge of one. High School, graduation, Honduras, driving, relationships, moving to college, moving home, getting engaged, jobs, fun jobs, bad jobs, making money, spending money, countless weeks of camp.... It's been a busy 7 years!

But my point is.....God is amazing. He has blessed me enough to enable me to experience all of that. Nothing would have been possible if God hadn't been behind it. He has given me all the experiences to be the person I am now, and I regret none of it. I've done good things and bad things, but I wouldn't change a thing. And I thank God everyday for all of it. Now as I go on, I just hope that he will continue to bless me in my failing attempt to imitate his Son. Knowing that if I keep that effort as my focus, He will provide for me whatever I need. Thanks, God. Love you.

No comments: