Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Saturday In the Park

So I got a new CD this weekend when I was in Evansville with Elaine. I don't remember the last time I bought a CD, but I have been wanting to listen to Chicago for a while now. So when I saw this one, I got it. Find it here.



I have listened to it a million times since I got it. I love it. It's got a lot of fun songs and they have a really cool sound.

When I was a kid dad used to play a lot of these songs in the old red truck. I loved that thing. It was a 1987 Ford Ranger. It was a manual, often times no muffler, and you had to rapidly beat on the horn to get the radio to work. We had to get dad to bang on the horn so we could drive down the road and listen to "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" (track 2 on the cd)]
So it brings back the memories. We kept that truck for years. I drove it for a little while afer i got my license. Then when the snow came Dad wouldn't let me drive it and over winter something happened and it didnt run so well. I wanted to fix it, but they traded it for some labor on the stupid yellow car. I'm obviously still dissapointed. But in the meantime I'll just enjoy the CD, while driving my jeep, while looking for a new car.

No comments: